one free table for each abvo-approved residency program or member's internship!
NEW this year ACVO will host a “Career Fair”. The fair will provide a connection point for those seeking a residency, internship or DVM position with those who are seeking to fill such positions.
This session will replace the past “Prospective Residents & Mentors Meeting”, typically held Thursday evening. Residency programs do not have to pay a fee but MUST pre-register via this registration form. Formal presentations will no longer be provided but will instead be replaced by casual discussions between program representatives (table hosts) and interested parties. Bring your business cards and be ready to mingle! We will prepare to gather feedback post-event for future consideration.
This session will provide an opportunity for ABVO-approved residency programs and employers that currently have an ACVO Member working for them, to promote their opportunities to all attendees. Any ACVO Member offering an internship opportunity may also register for a table. Fees will be waived for residency and training programs, and a small fee of $100 will be charged for non-residency employers. Programs and clinics MUST pre-register. The form is now available on this page.
Conference attendees will find ‘table-hosts’ who will be prepared to explain their offerings, be it a residency or internship program or a career opportunity for DVMs or Members. Each program will be asked to bring their promotional materials, one of which can also be placed on the information table in the room. Programs not hosting a table may also drop off flyers on the information table. Each host table will be identified as either a residency, internship or employment opportunity in a visual manner with a color coded balloon. Signage on site and pre-event promotion will guide attendees to the tables with their color preferences. Additional cocktail seating will be scattered around the room to accommodate longer conversations as need.
All categories of ACVO and AVOT attendees are welcome to attend this open session on a complimentary basis. The event will occur late Thursday afternoon, on a flow basis and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided complimentary.
Any table set ups for those promoting a program (or just walk up at 4:30pm)
Tables set and manned, flow of attendees, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Registration form will be available May 1st. In the meantime, please familiarize yourself with the requirements and guidelines.
Interested in hosting a table?
Universities or clinics with employed ACVO members, may choose to promote their residency program, internship or job opportunity at this fair. Pre-registration to host will be required and only entities represented by members may host a table (the member does not have to be the host at the table). Participation in this event as a table-host is a member benefit; all attendees are welcome to attend. Any ABVO-approved program not interested in participating may provide printed 8x10 handouts to the ACVO which will be placed on an information table in the room for no fee.
Limited to one table per entity. One entity may promote multiple opportunities at their table. Please note space may be limited and residency programs will receive priority placement.
What is included with the table fee?
- Pre-meeting promotion. Program/Clinic listed by name on the conference website. One photo, a blog post up to 60 words and a link to an ad hosted on the facility website will be allowed.
- One draped, ‘high cocktail' table to lay materials on and to 'man' like an exhibit booth. No chairs will be provided to promote casual flow atmosphere.
- Inclusion on the signage at the door, color coded to easily promote to attendees what you are promoting.
- A color-coded balloon will float high above your table to serve as a visual identifier, advertising your participation either as a hosting a residency, internship or job opportunity (or more than one).
- An identification tent card at the table identifying the program name, and contact person.
- Access to a separate information table where programs may place a 8x10 promotional piece inside the room.
- Opportunity to participate as a career-fair sponsor, providing possible door prizes organized by the ACVO. Contact the ACVO if you would like to offer a door prize.
- Inclusion in the ACVO proceedings book as a participant and/or sponsor to the program, with an invitation to attendees.