Daily Conference Announcements
As a benefit of attending the 2017 ACVO Conference, the Board of Regents has approved providing wireless internet for you during the conference. This has in turn been partially sponsored by our generous sponsor, I-Med Animal Health. Service will run from Wednesday, October 11th through Sunday, October 15th and be available in the meeting areas of the hotel. After the initial sign in, you should not need to sign in again.
ACVO/ABVO Committee Volunteer Form
Wednesday, October 11th
- Attendee registration/check-in opens at 4:00pm
Thursday, October 12th
- Resident Manuscript Awards will be announced in the General Session before lunch breaks at 12:15pm. If you submitted a manuscript, please plan to be in attendance.
- Abstract Correction: "A MODIFIED AHMED GLAUCOMA IMPLANT FOR SHUNTING AQUEOUS HUMOR TO THE OCULAR SURFACE IN A DOG WITH SECONDARY GLAUCOMA POST-PHACOEMULSIFICATION – CASE REPORT AND PROOF OF CONCEPT ", by author, Dr. Enry Garcia.
CORRECTION: "The sizes of the extension tube are incorrect in the abstract. I listed the outer diameter as 1.65mm, and inner diameter 0.76mm. The tube that was used had the following diameters: Outer diameter = 1.27mm, and inner diameter= 0.86mm."
Friday, October 13th
- Attendees who signed up for the Fun Run may begin picking up their t-shirts at the registration desk.
- Memorial slides to honor passed members of the ACVO will be shown from 10:45-10:55 prior to the Keynote speaker. Please remember to be silent when entering the General Session room from the morning break, thank you.
Saturday, October 14th
- Fun Run participants should meet in the SE entry of the Marriott main lobby, and leave out the main entrance to navigate to the designated running path. Refreshments will be in the lobby when you return. Please remember to be safe and stick to the group.
- 2017 Photography Competition winners will be announced prior to the lunch break at 12:10PM in the General Session room.